Thursday, May 8, 2014

Christie Video: 'Hope Is Powerful But Fragile'



New Jersey Governor Chris Christie at NJ-STEP Announcement at Mercer County Community College - May 8, 2014

Governor Christie: One of our teachers in there said today, hope is powerful but fragile.
I'm going to let you know now I'm stealing that. I'm stealing that, and I am going to use it both across the state and across the country (applause). 
The way I usually do this is in the beginning I will give you credit by name. After six months I will say, a wise professor in New Jersey once said. After a year of using it I will say, a constituent in New Jersey once told me. 
And by the time we get to 18 months you will be reduced to, someone in New Jersey once said to me something which I already understood. 
But it is, it is an extraordinarily important thing to remember, that the hope that we provide through programs like this, the hope is very, very powerful, but also very fragile. 
And so we need to be vigilant stewards of that hope.

No comments: