Thursday, January 9, 2014

In Defense Of Chris Christie

From our friends at the Save Jersey Blog:
Chris Christie
While the national and local media are covering the Fort Lee incident like birds of prey looking for a cheap meal, Save Jerseyans, I just want to tell the Governor: I’ve got your back!

And I did before Thursday’s press conference.

For those of you know do not know, I was the President of a Democrats for Christie in 2009. Then as a Democrat I decided to give countless hours of volunteer time even while I worked full time, went to college, ran other campaigns, lost my grandpa that year and my sister suffered from a brain disorder to support him.

Why?

I believed in him. I saw what he did as the US Attorney for the District of New Jersey and I knew if elected Governor he would be one of the best our state has ever had. Needless to say, I was right.

Shortly after Chris Christie won, I changed parties and joined the Republican camp; I grew up, assumed operation of my families’ businesses and realized that I was a fiscal conservative.

Many of you have undoubtedly had a similar experience upon entering the “real” world.” I have since become even more involved in politics and have been very proud of almost all of the Governors accomplishments.

Do I always agree with him? No, but overall he has done amazing things for this state.

Here are just a few:

- Hurricane Sandy response

- Implementation of school choice reforms and taking on the entrenched public sector unions

- Reduced funding to Planned Parenthood and, in turn, reducing the amount of abortions

- Delivered annual balanced budgets without tax increases

- Attempted to derail the COAH affordable housing scheme

- Nominated first openly gay male to New Jersey’s Supreme Court

- His ability to work across the aisle to get things done without compromising his moral convictions

Whereas I clearly don’t agree with vindictive lane closures and fully support consequences for anyone responsible, I can’t help but maintain my perspective (despite the media’s attempts to rob me of it) and consider this situation in relation to everything else currently happening in (and to) the United States.

There’s simply no comparison!

Our federal government has turned a blind eye on Benghazi and blatant disrespect to our military personnel (“what difference does it make?”). We are losing more and more of our freedom and going more and more into debt everyday. Poor at home and unsafe abroad, millions of American are now dying because they lost their health insurance and cannot obtain proper and/or timely medicine and medical attention (I am among those who lost their plans).

But the media wouldn’t declare Hillary Clinton’s political career DOA after Benghazi but somehow Chris Christie is being treated differently? I can’t help but think that the “R” at the end of his name has something to do with the disparity!

They’re even blaming a death on the lane closures despite the fact that, inside The Record‘s actual story, they caution that the EMS coordinator who is the source for the story “did not say her death was directly caused by the delays.”

NYT even reported on Thursday evening that – surprise surprise – the victim’s own daughter doesn’t think the lane closure had anything to do with her mother’s passing.

Some folks refuse to let the truth get in the way of a good story that’s embarrassing to a Republican…

Even John Wisniewski, the hyper-partisan Democrat Transportation Committee chairman who is leading the legislative inquiry, admitted during his Wednesday presser that there is no evidence yet of any direct link to Governor Chris Christie.

I’m sure that breaks his heart, Save Jerseyans, but it’s not news to me.

- See more at: http://savejersey.com/2014/01/in-defense-of-chris-christie/#sthash.l5mmPpJf.qGfC6edc.dpuf

No comments: