Friday, September 7, 2012

My Treasured 'Made In USA' Hair Brushes


I've had them since I was a 12-year-old.
They fit perfectly in the palm on my hand.
They're simple, cleanly designed, sensible and virtually indestructible.
They are twins and they fit together perfectly when not in use or work equally well on their own.
You can put one in each hand and use them that way or simply use one at a time.
On the side of each one are the words "Mohawk Made In USA 202."
They are just hairbrushes but they are my treasures. With a classic, opaque tortoise head and durable bristles they not only work well but look great. They're at once practical and loveable. I can't live without them.
And of course they don't make them like this anymore. In fact, they don't make anything like this anymore.
Where did they come from?
The Mohawk Brush Company was a company which was incorporated to make household brushes in 1906. Its initial capital was $25000. Mohawk was centered in Albany, NY.
Mohawk was acquired by the Fuller Brush Company in 1942 and eventually Fuller Brush was centralized in Kansas.
You can still buy from Fuller Brush online but you won't find these brushes in their catalog. These are originals -- and I treasure them, and always will!

No comments: