Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Runyan Message, Video: End Tax, Spend DC Culture

A special message from Congressman Jon Runyan:

Dear Friends:

A little less than two years ago, I announced my candidacy for Congress; and with your help and support I became the first congressional challenger from either party to defeat an incumbent Member of Congress in New Jersey since 1998.

While the job is far from finished, I am proud of the fact that in 14 short months, my colleagues and I have started to change the tax, spend and borrow culture in Washington. The House passed a budget that cut more than $2 trillion in federal spending and made job creation a priority by passing nearly 30 bills that, if signed by the President, would help put millions of Americans back to work. We also outlined a reform plan to truly preserve Medicare for current and future generations.

Last, but not least, I am also proud of the work I have done to protect the mission and jobs associated with Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, South Jersey’s largest economic engine; and my efforts to pass legislation that provides a modest cost-of-living adjustment for New Jersey’s disabled veterans.

As you know, I recently launched my 2012 re-election bid with a pair of kickoffs in Ocean and Burlington Counties. In advance of that, we reintroduced our online efforts with a host of new platforms to make connecting with voters in the third district easier and better than ever. Anchoring the online re-launch is the video series I've begun titled "The Runyan Report."

In addition to viewing it on our website, you can subscribe on both YouTube and iTunes to keep up with the latest news about me and the campaign.

To get closer and provide a transparent look of where we are going and what we are doing on the trail, be sure to follow me on foursquare for real-time info on what we are up to when in the district.

Of course, we will continue to update and reengage audiences on our Facebook and Twitter pages.

I hope you use these tools to stay informed on issues that matter most to our community. Please share with your friends and family.

If there are any questions you want answered, or any issues you want to see addressed, please be sure to let us know at info@runyanforcongress.com.

For those who missed it, here was my speech from our Burlington kickoff. I hope it gets you as fired up as it did the crowd in Mt Laurel!



Thanks again for all of your support and be on the lookout for future emails from me and the campaign.

Sincerely,

No comments: