Saturday, August 6, 2011

Warped Thinking Behind Blame Game

I Usually don't choke on my breakfast. But one morning this week, enjoying a creme donut and a full-fat latte, I came close to needing the Heimlich maneuver. It happened when one of those overly perky TV ladies opined that the city's flash-mob problem was directly connected to cuts in social services for at-risk teens.
I've actually been very good during the debt-ceiling debates. Despite a slight but ever-increasing rise in my blood pressure over the last few weeks, I've been able to tune out most of the "tea partiers are terrorists" rhetoric and keep my eye on the fiscal prize: no default, no new taxes, limited but crucial cuts in spending.


Click here to read the rest of Christine Flowers, wonderful column from the Philadelphia Daily News.

No comments: