Monday, June 6, 2011

Weiner: Not Thinking About Election

Weiner says the "last thing" he's thinking about today is the next election.
"This is a deep weakness that I have demonstrated."
Weiner says that some of the online relationships have "gone back for the past few years."
Weiner says that what is paramount now is taking care of his problem and "amking sure that this absolutely never happens again."
Weiner says that his wife has known about some of the online relationships since before he married her. "We spoke frankly about it," Weiner says. But he says his wife did not know all of the details -- the full story -- until this morning.
"I treated this as a frivolous thing and did not acknowledge that it was causing harm."
He says his wife was "not happy" about the situation but that she loves him and she very much wants to see them "pull through this."
His says there was "no physical relationship" involved in the online dalliances.
"I don't believe that I did anything that violates any law or violates my oath to my constituents."
Weiner repeats: "I've never has sex outside my marriage."
He adds: "I'm not making any excuses for my behavior." He says there was no substance abuse involved. "This was me doing a dumb thing."
"My wife is a remarkable women. She's not responsible for any of this. This was a personal failing of mine."
He says that his actions do not "reflect on my official duties."
He says his constituents will have to decide whether he remains in office. He says that all of the women that he chatted with "were adults and were engaging in consensual behavior."
"I wasn't telling the truth. I lied. It was dishonorable."
He describes the situation as an "aberration from what I learned."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chris Lee and Anthony Weiner are both ridiculous. The difference is simple. One had respect for the office, the other did not. Anthony Weiner is a typical big city Democrat, cares about himself and himself only. Believe it or not, a few people actually do respect the office and the people they represent. So in light of Weinergate, Chris Lee looks respectable. Unbelievable...