Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Christie Orders Flags Lowered For Clemons

Governor Chris Christie today signed Executive Order 67, honoring and memorializing the life and contributions of Clarence “Big Man” Clemons following his passing over the weekend. On Thursday, June 23, flags will be flown at half-staff in special recognition of his contributions to the state, people, and culture of New Jersey. "Clarence Clemons represented the soul and spirit of New Jersey. His partnership with Bruce Springsteen and the rest of the E Street Band brought great pride to our state and joy to every fan of this music around the world,” said Governor Christie. “On a personal note, when I heard about the Big Man's passing on Saturday night, I was struck with an overwhelming feeling that the days of my youth were now finally over. My condolences to Clarence's family and all the members of the E Street Band.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am touched by that recognition
And also will lower mine even on my truck.....RIP Big Man
Jim