Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Does Chris Christie REALLY Believe This?

Does Chris Christie REALLY believe what they say he said?
While he was in Washington last week, New Jersey's Governor reportedly said this to National Review about a potential race for President in 2012:
"I have people calling me and saying to me, 'Let me explain to you how you could win.' And I’m like, 'You’re barking up the wrong tree. I already know I could win.' That's not the issue."
Whoa! 
It seems like The Big Guy is embarking on a presidential high wire act that runs something like this: "I don't wanna. I'm not gonna. But, boy -- could I blow everybody else outa the water if I tried."
Consider as well what Christie said to the American Enterpirse Institute:
"The issue is not me sitting here and saying, 'Geez, it might be too hard. I don’t think I can win.' I see the opportunity both at the primary level and at the general election level. I see the opportunity. But I’ve got to believe I’m ready to be president, and I don’t. And I think that that’s the basis you have to make that decision."
“I think when you have people who make the decision just based upon seeing the opportunity you have a much greater likelihood that you’re going to have a president who is not ready. And then we all suffer from that. Even if you’re a conservative, if your conservative president is not ready, you’re not going to be good anyway because you’re going to get rolled all over the place in that town.”
And there's more: 
"Like I said before, I am who I am and people have to trust, they don’t have to but they should trust, my instincts on this. I know me better than anyone else knows me. If I felt like I was ready, I’d go, but I’m not. But I’m also not going to go if I don’t think I’m ready. . . .
"There has never been a day where I’ve felt like I’m over my head, I don’t know what to do, I’m lost. I don’t know whether I’d feel the same way if I walked into the Oval Office a year and a half from now. So, unless you get yourself to the point where you really believe you have a shot to be successful, then I don’t think you have any business running for it."
We're watching.
We're listening.
And all we can say to our pal Chris Christie right now is: Careful, Governor. Careful . . . .

No comments: