Saturday, February 5, 2011

Packers Or Steelers? Here's The Answer . . .

The whole country's wondering who will win the Super Bowl.
Millions -- probably even billions -- will be spent on this. Many gambling debts will pile up.
This will also be the subject of miles of columns of type and speculation between now and the end of the game on Sunday. The chatter, back and forth, will be relentless. Much energy will be spent arguing about who will win.
But I already know the winner.
True, I don't know the first thing about sports in general and virtually nothing about football. As Howard Cossell once said: "I never played the game." Worse yet, I never even followed it or studied it or watched very much of it.
And I don't particularly care who wins, though I do like the Steelers. I've never been to Green Bay but I have been to Pittsburgh and I like the town and its people. Great city. Great spirit. True grit.
But that's really besides the point.
The question here is: "Who will win the game?"
This must be a cold, calculated judgment.
So, I've followed what appears to be a foolproof method to pick the winner. Since its inception, this method hasn't been wrong.
Who will win?
It'll be the Green Bay Packers.
After the game is over, I'll tell you how I came to this conclusion.

No comments: