Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Cherry Hill: Nash Won't Rule Out Mayoral Bid

Camden County Freeholder and Delaware River Port Authority Vice Chair Jeffrey Nash says he's "flattered" that people are suggesting he'll be the next Mayor of Cherry Hill and he doesn't rule out a mayoral race.
Responding to a story that we ran about those "Nash for Mayor" rumors, Nash says: "I've heard the rumors as well and I'm flattered. I do love this town [Cherry Hill] and may consider running if Bernie [Platt] decides he will not." [Note, Platt is the current Mayor.]
"However," Nash adds "I can assure you and your readers that nothing has been decided. I have a full time job at my firm which is my primary source of income that must be considered."
" As for pension," Nash continues "that is just not a factor. I have never earned any public income more than my one modest Freeholder salary and the DRPA position is volunteer."
"Bottom line," he concludes "I enjoy public service, am proud of the work that my colleagues and I have done through the years to help improve our community and I never speculate what may come next."
Fair enough
Jeff Nash has brought us up to date. He seems interested, but he's keeping his options open.
We hope that if and when Nash decides on his next move he'll announce it right here. Stay tuned.

No comments: