Saturday, May 1, 2010

Sen, Diane Allen Back At Work

We're so happy to present this special message from New Jersey State Senator Diane Allen:
I wanted to take a moment to update you on my recent battle with cancer. I am excited to share with you that yesterday was my first official public event back since my diagnosis and it went very well.
Although I do still have a long road ahead of me (I do have one more surgery pending this summer), I am energized, enthusiastic and ready to transition back into the schedule I kept prior to beginning treatment.
On a personal level, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your prayers, well-wishes and support. The outpouring of care and concern from the residents of the 7th District was awe-inspiring. I can’t really find the right words to tell you just how much it meant to me, and how it helped keep me focused on getting better.
I am genuinely grateful.I have been able to work from home for a number of hours most days for the last few months. I am now back in the office, and next week I will be attending Committee hearings at the Statehouse in Trenton. I am looking forward to resuming a full schedule on behalf of the residents of the 7th District.
My doctors tell me no 10-14 hour days, so I won’t be back to that schedule for some time!
As always, if there is anything my staff or I can do to assist you do not hesitate to contact us and please stay in touch; I truly value hearing from you.

No comments: