Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Classy Cole Endures Trashy Fans

ALWAYS the class act, our guy Cole Hamels had to endure another dumbbell Phillies fan running onto the field last night -- and this while Hamels was pitching a shutout.
This time, the stupid jerk even tweeted the world beforehand, writing, "turn on the phillies im about to be on the feild!!!!!!!!!!"
I'm sick of these disgusting fans and their antics.
And I'm incensed that this happened to my Phavorite Phillie, Cole Hamels.
Of course, Cool Cole refused to blame the ninth-inning incident for the run he allowed.
"I don't allow that to affect me," he said. "It's kind of like the weather. I have a job to do, and I have to make my pitches."
Spoken like a true gentleman.
When are Philadelphia fans going to grow up and start showing the kind of class that Cole routinely displays?
The answer is clear: Never.
Philadelphia fans will never be that classy.
I hate to have to say this, but it's true.
OK, they have no class. They. Have. No. Class.
But can't the fans at least try to be reasonably civil? Can't they at least exhibit behaviour worthy of a third or fourth grader? Must they always act like moronic imbeciles?
Must they continue to embarrass our city and our players and our teams?
My solution: the teams have to crack down on unruly behavior AND monitor drinking at the games.
And anytime a fan acts like this, prosecute that fan to the fullest extent of the law.
Disgraceful!

2 comments:

mj loehrer said...

It's too bad but the general perception of the Philadelphia sports fan in the Heartland is that they are boorish, loud, opinionated and brutish. I have always been told that hockey, football, basketball and baseball fans in the City of Brotherly Love have earned the right to be this way. You're familiar with Cleveland's "dawg pound" and the antics that take place there. Could it possibly be that sports fans in general feel they've earned their right to act like slobs because of the cost of their ticket. I once took my ten year old son to a Chicago Bears football game. We had to leave the stadium early. It was embarrassing.

Dan Cirucci said...

I'm not sure what it is.
I just don't get it.
Thank goodness, I'm not a huge sports enthusiast so it doesn't really impact me directly.
But I think it is a shame for the other in the stadium and for the city itself.