Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Britain Will Go Conservative

It sees quite clear that Thursday's elections in England will result in a new government.
Prime Minister Gordon Brown and his Labor Party have dropped the ball.
Especially in recent weeks, Brown has come across as an officious prig and a hypocrite. He's a failure.
Also, The Instant Man Of The Moment, the Liberals Dem's Nick Clegg has peaked and his support has now dropped.
That leaves David Cameron.
Cameron is not the most appealing candidate that the Conservatives have ever offered. In fact, he leaves much to be desired. But Cameron has improved as the campaign progressed and he's managed to rally the Tories just when they needed it most. He's proved to be a quick learner with solid grounding. Indeed, nearly everyone agrees Cameron triumphed in the most recent debate. And there is much hope that Cameron will be the sort of principled new leader that Britain needs.
But don't go by what I say.
Though I am a devoted Anglophile, I'm not a British subject.
I'm sure you've heard of Simon Cowell, however. He is a British subject and he's very proud of that fact. Very proud.
And Cowell is also a very successful businessman.
Plus, he has met and spoken with all three candidates.

Here's what Simon Cowell has to say about David Cameron and the Tories:
I have met David on two occasions. I liked him immediately. I trust him and he was very quick to commit to helping with a serious funding deficit for a children's hospice charity I am involved with.

I have always trusted my gut instinct - and this was a guy who I thought would do the right things for this country. I believe he is the Prime Minister Britain needs at this time. He has substance and the stomach to navigate us through difficult times.
Personally I think the worst result is a hung parliament. It ends in months of stupid arguments and then a dull compromise, which means nothing will ever get achieved. I have always hated celebrities lecturing people on politics. So forgive me. But I am passionate about this country and I am equally passionate about the potential of the people who live here. My proudest achievement has been the success of the shows and artists I have been involved with, because they were made in Britain. I believe everyone has the right to be heard and the right to make a better life for themselves. I have seen that the American Dream is a reality - and I would love to feel the British Dream is also a reality. To enable that, we have to bring back some common sense and encourage family values, a proper sense of justice and make people believe they have a decent chance to build a business or career for themselves. I see this moment as a fantastic opportunity to restore this, because I believe Britain Has Talent.

No comments: