Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Runyan's Statement Announcing Run

Following is the statement of Jon Runyan:
Yesterday, I received an offer to pursue my professional dream of winning a Super Bowl, and have decided to sign with the San Diego Chargers for the remainder of this season through the playoffs. Win or lose, these will be my final games as an NFL player.

Last night, I personally informed the Republican County Chairmen in NJ's 3rd Congressional District that after the season is over I plan to officially retire from football and pursue a campaign for the United States Congress.
I want to thank all of the people who have been encouraging me to run next year and let them know that I look forward to a successful end to my career on thefield, and a spirited campaign against Congressman Adler in 2010.

No comments: