Saturday, June 13, 2009

Peanuts, Cracker Jacks, Baseball!

Over the past few days we have visited several of the major attractions at the Camden waterfront and we're here to tell you that if you haven't been down to the New Jersey side of the Delaware you're not only missing the best view of the Philadelphia skyline but you're missing some of the greatest fun of the summer.
Last night we joined 7,117 fans at the Camden Riversharks baseball game at Campbell's Field.
An evening at Campbell's field is always fun and wonderfully affordable.
A Riversharks game is a real family event with lots of fun and games not just between innings but even before the baseball game begins. there's a great community spirit to the whole evening. The stadium is intimate and easy to navigate and enjoy with the wonderful backdrop of the Benjamin Franklin Bridge, the river and Old City Philadelphia.
Since it was a baseball game we enjoyed peanuts and Cracker Jacks as well as hot dogs, soda, pizza and soft serve ice cream.
The weather was perfect with a nice breeze and the sky was blessedly clear.
The whole evening ended with a spectacular fireworks display over the river.
As I watched the fireworks against the city skyline I thought of some of the nice things that have happened along the waterfront of my hometown of Camden. Despite all its troubles, the city still holds many fond memories for me and I've always been very proud to claim it as my hometown. Camden holds a special place in my heart.
I will have more posts about Camden and the Camden waterfront in the days ahead as I report on our adventures there. Stay tuned!

No comments: