Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Odd Man Out Upstages

Look at this photo of Obama and Biden snapped by Charles Dharapak of the Associated Press.
Just barely 100 days into his term Obama is already assuming a Reganesque pose -- cupping his ear and pretending he can't hear a question.
And Biden?
Look at that l-o-n-g bemused look.
Biden seems to be thinking: "What the F - - - ?"
Or maybe he's wondering how he became backup material in the first place; how he wound up playing second fiddle to a novice.
Or maybe Biden's thinking: "Why aren't they asking ME the questions? I've got the answer! Let me talk!"
Or maybe he's musing: "Dumbass question. I don't really givas--t but I'll pretend I'm pondering it anyway."
Still, Biden could be wondering: "I dunno. Is this really the way the President wants me to look when he's acting thoughtful and considerate? What an ass!"
With Joe, Le Grand Upstager, the possibilities are endless.
Even Lionel Barymore couldn't mug like this beat up, shameless old trouper.

No comments: