Thursday, March 19, 2009

Obama: Blame Me But Don't

From Jake Tapper at ABC News:
Washington is all in a tizzy," President Obama said at a town hall meeting here this evening. "It's their fault, it's the Democrats' fault, it's the Republicans' fault. -- Listen, I'll take responsibility. I’m the president."
In the next breath, the president said, "We didn’t grant these contracts, we've got a lot on our plate. But it is appropriate when you're in charge to make sure stuff doesn't happen like this."
But the president said, the point isn't to assign blame but to solve the larger issue.
"For for everyone in D.C. scrambling how to blame someone else, just go ahead and talk to me," the president said, deviating from his prepared remarks, "because it’s my job to make sure we fix these messes, even if I don’t make 'em."

So . . . The President says: "Go ahead and blame me but I wasn't really responsible for this but blame me if you want to because I'm the President but remember, don't really blame me for this." Understand?

No comments: