Sunday, November 16, 2008

Don't Worry, Be Happy!

A lot of us are still recovering from the presidential election. OK, so we supported U.S. Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz. And we were prepared for a long, tough campaign. We didn't mind that.
But what a lot of us did mind was the "inevitable" thing -- this notion that there was some sort of bigger destiny, some sort of larger plan that would propel The One into the White House no matter what. I have to admit it really started to get to me.
In denial
Even before the election was over, people were accusing me of being in denial. For whatever reason, they wanted me to recognize the reality of the situation. Friends urged me to "get real" and prepare myself so that I'd be OK "after the fall." Some of them even spoke in hushed tones, telling me they were "worried about me.". . .

To read the rest of my column from today's Courier-Post click here.

No comments: