Friday, October 31, 2008

Chase: Bad Taste!

Of course I've spent the day in Philadelphia observing the giant celebration for the Phillies.
Not that I'm a baseball fan. I'm not.
But I'm happy for the Phillies and the city. And I love being where the action is. The celebration was fun and the fans have been great. As usual, my favorite player Cole Hamels was a class act all the way.
I call Cole "America's pitcher."
I'll say more about what I saw and heard (and who I met) in the city in another post.
But I just want to say how disappointed I am in Chase Utley. Just a few moments ago in front of a huge crowd at Citziens Bank Park (and more gathered at Lincoln Financial Field to watch on big screens) Chase was asked to come to the microphone and say a few words.
He looked out over the crowd of fans, families and children and exclaimed: "World F _ _ king Champs!"
Shame on you, Chase!
Couldn't you find anything better to say? If you're so inarticulate you should find someone within the Phillies organization to write some decent stuff for you.
It was all going quite well (and doing Philly proud) until you opened your toiletmouth!

No comments: