Monday, May 5, 2008

About That Tough Talk

Barack Obama likened Hillary Clinton to President Bush for threatening to "totally obliterate" Iran if it attacks Israel.
"I want the Iranians to know that if I'm the president, we will attack Iran," Clinton said April 22 in an interview with ABC. "In the next 10 years, during which they might foolishly consider launching an attack on Israel, we would be able to totally obliterate them."
Obama said, "It's not the language we need right now, and I think it's language reflective of George Bush" akin to "bluster and saber rattling."
What in hell would Obama have us do -- stand by and watch while Israel is attacked?
Is this Obama's foreign policy: Sit and watch and play nice while terrorist nations destroy democracies and usher in a "post-American world?"
Bravo to Clinton who refused to back down and responded: "I'm asked a question about what I would do if Iran attacked our ally ... and, yes, we would have massive retaliation against Iran . . . I sure want to make it abundantly clear to them that they would face a tremendous cost if they did such a thing."

No comments: