Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Generation Gap

Adam Cirucci sent us these true stories from young people about their frustrations with Internet-challenged geezers:
-I was showing my uncle how to do something in Microsoft Word, so I told him to move the mouse to the file button. He then picked up the mouse off the desk and touched it to the screen.
-When my father first got his new cell phone, he kept giving me a confused look everytime he went to use it. Finally he asked me, "How come I don't hear a dial-tone?"
-Explaining AIM, my 11 year old sister told my dad, he could click on an AIM bot like MovieFone or Shopping Buddy and it would anwser any question heasked. He clicked it and said "Hey. Who are you?" outloud.
-I got on the computer at my Aunt's house over Christmas and the InternetExplorer icon on the desktop was titled "MOM THIS IS THE INTERNET"-
-My mother offered to take me and my sister to the cell phone store so we can "pick out a new ringtone.

No comments: